<VV> Hot Rear Bumper

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 16 20:07:34 EDT 2011

A couple weeks back someone asked about how hot a rear bumper should get.  I
did not think too much about it at the time and just figured the engine
perimeter seal might have some leaks.

Well, I just thought about it a few minutes ago after about a 12 mile ride
on an 80F day in the convertible.  It gets pretty warm and I know my
shrouding and perimeter seal are fine.  The bottom side of the bumper was
hottest, but I could hold my fingers on it for 30 seconds or so before it
became too uncomfortable to continue.  So, I'm guessing that the condition
is normal.  I had just never felt the urge to check previously.

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140