<VV> Clutch Linkage

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Jun 17 14:36:47 EDT 2011

A few weeks ago, the clutch on my 1965 / 110 became momentarily stuck
on the floor. This has happened several times. Also, when depressing
the pedal, I hear a grinding noise and feel roughness. I believe the
noise is coming from the rear of the car.

I thought the problem was in the linkage cross shaft. Greasing didn't
help so I took the cross shaft apart, cleaned it, replaced the (nylon)
bushings, regreased, and then put everything back together. With the
car still on jackstands, the noise and rough operation remain.

John Green

1  I wouldn't drive it...

2  Describe  the   situation more precisely please...

IS the roughness as the pedal  moves down....  or is it after the pedal is depressed,  you feel the roughness and hear the noise?

1st scenario is the cable or a pulley is coming apart....

2nd is the TO bearing is bad, or the PP  is bad....  or the pilot bushing is bad..

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/