<VV> Flat Floor, Why?

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 17 17:42:33 EDT 2011

>... carry a Monza Jr. on a level area and have storage below the deck.

Now wouldn't that be a cool use for the flat floor!

>>1.  Is this a real "Option" from dealer or from Chevrolet?

What I have seen,  this dealer installed option came with some parts
from Chevrolet, and some pieces, notably the longer steel and plywood,
dealer supplied.

>>2.  What would be the advantage of creating a "flat floor"?

You need a special need, like above, for the "flat floor" to make good
sense -- it totally negates the idea of the ramp on a Rampside, and
makes an inaccessible space on a Loadside (unless you add a hatch
door).  I believe some possible history of this option has been posted
on this list previously.

Once you have seen one, you realize there is more to it than just the
drawings in the assembly manual -- the center legs pivot or hinge out of
the way for loading a large object under the floor.

Bill Strickland