<VV> Generator Light

Jason Cesana jacesana1 at cox.net
Sat Jun 18 22:37:42 EDT 2011

Hey gang I had something pop up tonight that has never happened before.
After an evening out with the family in the Vair when we got home I turned
off the engine and the generator light flickered like it was going to turn
off as always. Instead it stayed on. I watched it for a minute to see if it
would go off (residual electricity perhaps in the line so to speak) but it
didn't. Started the car back up; let it run for a minute then shut it down
again. Same thing happened. After looking around the engine harness and
checking under the dash for any shorted wires and finding none I decided to
pull the positive lead off the battery. When I did I heard a click from the
voltage regulator or so that's where it sounded like it was from. Is this
the tell tale signs of a generator failure or voltage regulator? Could this
be a fluke? The car is a 1960 80hp with PG. Thanks for any input.

Jason Cesana

CORSA Vice President

CPF  President

Eastern Director