<VV> Just wondering about A/C

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Mon Jun 20 12:29:29 EDT 2011

All Corvairs -- even Spyders -- are dogs by modern car standards.  My
early with 102 is really a 110 block with the larger displacement and
mostly stock (dual exhaust, mild cam, nicely done carbs).  The best
change you can make is to use a Sanden compressor (WAY less drag on
the engine and more output).  Converting to RU-134 requires some
other changes in valves and works great.  Clark's has all parts and
expertise.  I'd change the drier to the modern one Clark's has as
well.  It is hitting 98 here in AZ and my A/C is blasting COLD.  And
it has plenty enough power with the A/C, in fact it is not that
noticeable a drag  which I attribute to the Sanden.  I painted mine
black to look more stock.  Still looking for a plate from a stock A/C
compressor I can glue to the Sanden to complete the illusion --
anyone have one????  Eric

At 09:00 AM 6/18/2011, you wrote:
>Message: 6
>Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 09:30:04 -0400
>From: George Jones <65crownv8 at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: <VV> Just wondering
>To: "Vairs, Virtual" <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
>
>Thanks for the input all. I will proceed with my course of action with this
>drive line. Now, to find a 3.27:1 LM PG diff. If anyone has one in FL and
>you're willing to part with it. please private post me with a price and
>location.
>
>Thanks
>
>George Jones

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Pictures of Snake in Spring

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115547&id=1409661701&l=1c375e1f49

Pictures of Camp Verde

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12771&id=1409661701&l=fc0e0a2bcf

Pictures of Land Cruiser in Sedona

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=50953&id=1409661701

Pictures of Flagstaff area near our cabin

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12750&id=1409661701

Pictures of Cheryl in a Horse Show

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=32484&id=1409661701

Pictures of the AZ Desert

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58827&id=1409661701

(You can see why we love this state :-) )