<VV> Clutch Linkage--Update

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Jun 21 22:28:47 EDT 2011

In a message dated 6/21/2011 9:00:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jgreen at alum.mit.edu writes:

Bob  Hall, a local expert--Nope, I just work on them.:)

I should note that John has already checked the clutch linkage from the
pedal shaft bushings, the clutch cable ball, cable pulleys, the pan, the
rubber  accordion seal on the clutch cable where it comes out of the tunnel, the
clutch  cross shaft, and the rod.  Outside of some wear on the swivel
everything  was tight worked smoothly while I was at John's.  The pressure plate
was  smooth each time I pushed the pedal and I didn't feel anything that
would indicate that the clutch fork or ball was badly worn.  I might adjust
the clutch for a little higher pedal, but I didn't notice anything that would
cause the pedal to stick in a down (toward the floor) direction.   John has
a very nice, clean, well maintained convertible.  I recommended  that he
remove temporarily the cover and nylon washer on the bell housing to see  if
that made a difference, but he had already tried that--And I didn't notice or
 feel any binding there when I was under the car.

Any other ideas Corvair people?

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics