<VV> Aftermarket A/C compressor

Jerry Brown air_cooled63 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 22:19:56 EDT 2011

Hi all, I need some help with aftermarket A/C compressor.  I am working on a 65
with air and the compressor is leaking on the back portion of the compressor.
The part that has 4 studs holding it in place with nuts.  The owner wants to
replace it with the A6 type compressor, and I find that Car Quest has one in
stock that is supposed to work, according to their parts book . This is not
true information at times. I know that the Corvair turns in the opposite and I
have heard rumors that this generic compressor will work.  I don't know the
internal workings of a compressor and dont know what would happen if it was
used.  Can anyone help me out on this?  The owner is a 11 grade student and has
just bought her first Corvair.  She loves it.  I want the repair to be done
right.

Jerry Brown