<VV> 4 barrel manifold linkages

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Fri Jun 24 18:46:46 EDT 2011

Wish I had made pics.  Best I can say is: disconnect the throttle rod  that
comes through the firewall at the end where it connects to the lever
fastened to the side of the transaxle--Grab a bolt, nut(s) and, if necessary, a
washer, and one of the rollers (which is shaped like a pulley) and fasten it
 where the throttle rod went.  Get the wire rope and a rope clamp, make a
loop, wind it around the roller, then secure it with the clamp.  Now get
out your drill and your angle brackets and visualise a path from the firewall
to  the carb's throlttle linkage.  It might be a good idea at this point to
attach a roller to the carb.  I needed two anchorages for pivot points so I
 drilled two holes for each angle bracket in the turkey roaster,
pop-riveted  brackets at those points, and bolted two more brackets to the brackets
attached  to the "roaster." The rollers could be and were attched to the upper
 brackets.  Using the bracket-to-bracket bolts as pivot points, the rollers
 could be aligned so as to run the wire rope over the rollers and clamp it
to the  roller at the carb.  It might be necessary (you'd have to examine
the  situation) to add extra brackets to get the degrees of freedom to get the
rope  to line up---patience, patience...... If there's anything I haven't
mentioned,  feel free to ask.

Scotty from Hollyweird

In a message dated 6/24/2011 1:34:19 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,