<VV> FC Tire Recommendations

EVERETT WILSON aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Sun Jun 26 19:58:33 EDT 2011

Bob,

205/75-14 Cooper Trendsetters are what I have on mine.   They ride nice and are
quiet and so far have held up pretty well in about 14,000 miles of driving.
 They do well in wet or dry conditions also.

Theyre about 75 bucks a pop plus the fees.        Heres a link -
http://www.ntb.com/Tire-Detail/COOPER/Trensetter-SE/1793

Ive tried the cheapo line XR-4 line at discount tire and they were shot at
10,000 miles.

The wal-mart house brand, Douglas, I think they are,  held up better, but the
coopers are by far the best of the three.

I have goodyear viva 2's (walmart captive line, I think) on my 67 4 door and
they are also pretty good.  I have 195/75-14 on the car.  They are a few dollars
less and I think they also come in the 205/75 size as well.

Sizing - 205/75 makes the speedo about 3 mph off.   I expect the 195s would be
slightly more and might give you a little better off-the-line accel, but
frankly, mine does just fine.   When I measured tires against an original spare
I had (7.00-14) the 205s were almost spot-on in diameter as well as measured
from ground to hub on the vehicle.

hth.

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX