<VV> Kansas Juna Tuna Report

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Sun Jun 26 23:57:19 EDT 2011

It was a great Juna Tuna yesterday. At least 37 people showed up at the Kalp Shop to celebrate the Corvair. The differential replacement was going well and we had the powerpack all back together on the floor only to discover the new imput shaft seal still sitting on the bench . . . by the end of the day the powerpack was back in the car. Finished it all up today, along with a new exhaust system, some re-wiring and a shifter rebuild.

The lift came in handy to help figure out where the ATF was oozing out of Pat Silver's '64 Monza.  Think we have it fixed, time will tell. Had several other small projects and some stubborn brake lines.  One of MCCA"s elder statesmen had delivered two car trailer's of Corvair parts from his garage cleanup out to the Kalp Shop.  The Oklahoma guys helped by going thru the stash and carrying quite a few boxes of Mel's old parts out to the truck for a trip to Oklahoma.  Even had an engine go south in the truck and a nice donation was made to the MCCA.

Although people were dropping in and out all day, most everyone was around for lunch, steaks, brauts and hot links grilled by Bob and Bernie and supplied by the MCCA. Everyone else filled in with pot-luck and no-one whent away hungry.

The weather was "Matt-melting" warm at 100 degrees outside in the sun and about 90 in the shop. We went thru several cases of water. The warm day didn't seem to dampen anyone's fun, just part of Kansas' varied weather patterns.

Your next chance to join the fun is Luna Tuna, Saturday, October 15 at the Kalp Shop . . . most likely the weather will be a bit cooler. A big thanks to everyone that came and shared the day.

Terry Kalp
Wichita, KS