<VV> Noisy Lifter

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 15:55:42 EDT 2011

Erich and Mark,

     Each car has it's own personality and it's own starting technique
unless it is maintained to an incredibly high level.

My 66' 140 takes two pumps and starts almost instantly with no throttle.  My
63' 102 has been troublesome but we've learned that if you pump it and hold
the pedal on the floor the third time, then crank it fires up consistently.
I don't know why that engine gives me so much hassle but for now it is
reliable and that is just our beater anyway.

Ray R.
Lake Ariel, PA

PS- the car is outside idling right now, I think the lifter noise is slowly
fading away.   Thanks for the advice.

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA