<VV> noisy lifters

Ron ronh at owt.com
Tue Jun 28 01:16:13 EDT 2011

You say to "look for the cause" but a year or so ago my '62 wagon which
always had a noisy lifter problem developed lifter clattering that wouldn't
go away so I bit the bullet and pulled them two at a time, pulled them
apart, soaked them in carb cleaner, reassembled and reinstalled them.  I
never found any bits of anything in them and they've been fine ever since.
The car is my daily user.
RonH