<VV> Sanden AC compressor

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Tue Jun 28 12:33:40 EDT 2011

Clark's sells the SD5H14
http://www.sanden.com.sg/opencms/opencms/sites/default/Sanden/_configuration
/Catelogue/Product.jsp?pid=1003

The literature claims clockwise rotation, but several have used them and
they seem to work fine in either direction.  I doubt if Clark's are
specially made to run CCW.  They can be purchased all over the web at little
more than $100.00  However, you will probably need to purchase the mounting
bracket from Clark's as the dimensions are likely different.  And, you may
need to change the ends on your refrigerant hoses to make up to the new
Sanden.

Also recommended is a complete flush of the old refrigerant in order to get
out all the old oil.  The oils are not compatible.  It's not as simple as
un-bolting one and sticking in the new one.

Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY