<VV> Searching for a turbo distributor

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Thu Jun 30 20:46:01 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am very pleased to say that CORSA member Ray Smith of New Jersey has
provided me with a '65 turbo distributor that has a date code in the correct
range for my blue convertible. The code is 5J29, which is smack in the
middle of the date codes for the other original electrical components (5J
and 5K) on the car.

I started wondering, hmm, I bet Chevy didn't make turbo Corvair distributors
all that often, since they were used on a low-production engine. Does anyone
out there have a "crop" of LM turbo distributor cores? If so, could you look
to see what various production date codes you can find, especially beginning
with 5J and 5K?

I'm thinking it's possible that 5J29 is the only possible date code that is
within the correct range for my engine. Would be interesting to find out...

Thanks,

--Kent