<VV> ZDDP in Accel Oil

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Mon Mar 7 04:44:51 EST 2011

Went to 2 area Wal Marts looking for ACCEL oil.
Both stores had it on "Rollback", at $1.50 a quart.
They are dumping it because they say no one buys it.
I got a grand total of 7 quarts.
Asked the manager if he could order me 5 cases.
He said no, it is being discontinued and that's all he knows.
Now if that means ACCEL is discontinuing it, or Wal Mart is, I don't know.
I for one only heard about this oil here.
And normally, don't look for oil at Wal Mart.
Manger said they carried it for 6 months, and no-one was buying it, so its
gone.
I tried to point out to him that people with collector cars don't do their
oil changes during the winter, and now is the time this stuff will sell.
He suggested I use the :improved" SL grade oil because it supercedes the old
rating, so why would I want that anyways.
Got into a zinc discussion with him, but he didn't understand at all.
Gary Swiatowy