<VV> More Corvair Oil Confusion?

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 21:48:43 EST 2011

The CI-4 Plus is the reduced zddp version designed to meet the newer
diesel emissions requirements. If  you look at the semi synthetic and
full synthetic versions, they still also say CI-4. Its been this way
for awhile. However they do advertise the petroleum oil as doing a
much better job at reducing wear in engines by an agressive additive
package. There are other additives that can also help reduce wear.
But, would I use the straight oil in my engine without a ZDDP
additive? No. But I would use the Full synthetic. It has the CI-4 and
is a full synthetic.Mark Durham