<VV> Corvair Oil - Slippery Logic/Diesel Oil

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Mar 8 12:36:39 EST 2011

Oils for diesel engines have extra additives to better control the
soot/carbon that builds up so much in a CI engine.  When we had our  diesel I
occasionally used diesel oil in my daily driver Corvairs with no  problems.  When
they were driven every day back then the oil got changed  every three
months so I can't claim any real benefits from using diesel oil,  but, in my
experience, it didn't harm the engines--one went about 200K and the  other is
still running well.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics
CORSA

In a message dated 3/8/2011 11:02:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,