<VV> Cam experience poll (why I asked)

Carlton Smith carlton55 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 9 15:42:27 EST 2011

I am getting some good replies on guys who have used other cams than the
Clark's 260. I am taking the poll on the Clark's 260 to see how many other
out there have used this cam and had a problem with it.

As I mentioned I know of 3 instances where the brand new Clark's 260 cam had
problems and it was pulled out and replaced with other brands. In 2 cases
(including my 180 engine)it was replaced with a Isky 260 cam. The problem
may be in the grind of this particular cam. The lifters used do not seem to
make the difference. MY engine had the Clarks sealed power lifters and we
even tried replacing the noisy ones with a new The Source lifter and it
still clicked. I replaced by Clark's 260 with an Isky 260 and used The
Source lifters. It did not even clatter upon first start up. The other
instance the Clark's 260 was replaced with a Isky 270 and they used Sealed
Power lifters and no problems.

I am wanting to know are these three instances with the Clark's 260 cam a
fluke or is there a real problem with this cams factory grind.

Carlton Smith
Indianapolis, IN