<VV> accel oil

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Mar 12 22:24:06 EST 2011

At 11:28 PM 3/9/2011, Mark Durham wrote:
>I would not use a non detergent oil even in lawn equipment. A good
>detergent oil changed at the 25 hours run time works great. I've
>serviced mine with full synthetic and they run smoother and cooler.
>Mark Durham

It's worth mentioning that some older cars absolutely live longer
with nondetergent oil because they don't have oil filters.   They
depended on a deep sump to allow debris, soot, contaminants, or
particulates to settle to the bottom so they could be drained when
oil was changed.

People forget those times...  ;)

And yes, it's been shown that detergent oils in these cars with
original engines with no filters do indeed tend to cause more wear
than nondetergent oils.   Lucas makes a high quality nondetergent
engine oil specifically for vintage cars that don't have filters and
savvy vintage car owners do indeed use it.

tony..