<VV> late suspension on early?

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sun Mar 13 12:36:39 EDT 2011

it is bolt on swap ,(you could probably just swap the hubs?) i did it  to a
couple cars , and a stationwagon. the yellow spyder convert had one since i
 put it on the road in 73.
works well , but you have to be SURE about centering it , or tire will rub
fender on one side on tight corners..it may be slightly wider? .not to bad
,but  a problem to watch for.  the rear axles on FC are larger  shaft /
bearing...so mods to A frame , or change A frame..but i would not do it.   oh ,
i used early hubs on late suspension...so stayed with 4 bolt wheels.   i
fail to see a gain for the work involved , only reason I did it , was because
i had some nice lates from parts cars at the time.
i have not found a problem here getting decent 13inch tires , the japs are
building some nice ones.
last set were hercules mid grade from a local shop  on my coupe.   Clark's
now shows some also.
regards, tim colson