<VV> ACCEL oil

Gary Swiatowy garyswiatowy at summitlubricants.com
Mon Mar 14 12:12:44 EDT 2011

As I mentioned, I sent an e-mail to Warren Distribution makers of ACCEL
brand oil, 10W-30 SF rated oil with ZDDP.

Here is there reply:

Mr. Swiatowy,

 Walmart has dropped the Accel 10W-40 SF product from their oil offering
this year.  We aren't selling the product to anyone else so it will no
longer be in the market.  Dollar General stocks a 10W-40 SF oil under the
Dollar General label.  We do not make it and have never tested it so we
don't know what levels of ZDDP are in it.  We think Walmart made a mistake
by dropping the item because of customers such as yourself but thanks for
contacting us.  You may want to voice your displeasure to Walmart for
dropping the item.

 Warren Distribution

My local Walmart automotive manager, said the oil sat on the shelves for 6
months and didn't sell, so it was dropped. I did point out to him that it
was an oil designed for hobbyists who changed their oil in the Spring, not
in the fall.

And now is when we need it. Of course, nothing he can do.

Gary Swiatowy

garyswiatowy at summitlubricants.com