<VV> EM outside mirror location

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Mar 14 12:25:16 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

I need a little help on where the outside mirror(s) go on our '62 wagon.  It came with a mirror that really doesn't look stock at all, so I can't go by those holes, and what I want to do is mount stock mirrors on both sides (I have one for the passenger side with one of those convex stick on mirrors).

What I'd like to know is where the factory put the mirrors in the first place - if I had at least the driver's mirror location that would be very helpful.  I think either a couple fairly high res photos of the mirror with a ruler in place, measurements to the mounting bracket holes, or a documentation reference would all be useful.  I don't have the '62 assembly manual (yet), but I have a pretty good collection of Corvair books.  Even an assembly manual reference would be helpful, I can get a copy if all else fails.  Thanks for any pointers.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
  Kid cars: 00 Grand Marquis, 00 Miata