<VV> For Sale: 1966 Yenko Clone Race Car

Rob Landers RLanders at charter.net
Mon Mar 14 21:05:56 EDT 2011

Here's someone else's chance to have some REAL fun at this year's Corvair
Olympics (Denver convention & Marshalltown, too). I
bought/prepped/participated in the 2008 Corvair Olympics with this car and
had a blast.  I was hoping to do the same again this year but, as has been
the case the past couple of years, other commitments will not allow me to
make 2011 another Corvair summer to remember.

This car has the best of everything.  I have attached an updated spec sheet
with pics that I first received when I purchased the car in early 2008.  It
has a Bob Coffin-prepped engine, Starr Cooke Webers, and the body is an
LA-build car with a very nice paint job (see the pics).  I had Michael
LeVeque sort out the car quite a bit but I have not had any time to do final
fine-tuning.  I have bled the 4-wheel disc brakes but still seems soft so
may need a replacement master cylinder.  I also replaced the Zenith TIN-40's
(Weber triple barrel type) with actual Webers and have not spent time making
sure everything is working just right.  The car was screaming fast at the
2008 Olympics (6th @ Putnam) but comments from knowledgeable Corvair racers
indicated the Zeniths were not flowing enough fuel for road course speeds so
I put the Webers on it afterwards and again, no time to get everything
sorted out.

I posted a pdf file which contains specs and pics on this webpage.
http://tinyurl.com/4dk9tlc .   If the link doesn't work, interested buyers
can also send an email to me and I will forward a copy of the file to you.

The cost to replicate this car is over $25k and as the 3rd owner, I have
almost $20k in it.  The asking price for this outstanding car is $14k.  I
was hoping to make the Performance Workshop but will not be able to attend.
However, the car is available to be seen before or after the event by making
an appointment.  I live about 30 northeast of St Louis in Edwardsville, IL
and the car is currently housed out in Salem, IL about 75 minutes due east
of St. Louis.  Salem is 187 miles (all interstate) west of Indy.  If you're
travelling via I-70 thru IL, Salem is 45 miles south of Effingham, IL on
I-57.

Please. serious viewing inquiries only as Salem is an 80-minute one-way trip
for me.

Rob Landers

Edwardsville, IL (St. Louis area)

618-972-1220 Cell