<VV> 25,000 mile oil change

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 17 22:14:50 EDT 2011

Since our vairs are not liquid cooled, I really wonder if that sort of claim
is really applicable.  I have no empirical data, just a gut feeling that I'd
not want to try that.

1.  Our engines run a lot hotter than water pumper engines.

2.  Aren't we advised to change oil at least once a year - regardless of
mileage?

For me, a 25,000 mile oil change on the vert would come somewhere in the 2
to 3 year range.  I'm sure there are others that would have something in the
range of a 10 year interval.  What's the "shelf life" of oil in the
crankcase?

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110