<VV> Castrol Syntec / SOF - 7

moonpie8n at comcast.net moonpie8n at comcast.net
Sat Mar 19 08:59:05 EDT 2011

    Anybody  ever  hear  of  SOF-7  synthetic?  IT  was  around  in  the  late  '70s...... Sold  by "Old  World  Prods".  I  think  it  was  a "copycat" group  of  Amway.  You  put  it  in , and  the  engine  had  almost  no  oil  pressure [it  looked  like  "Mazola"].

     I  would  break  the  engine  in  with  whatever  was ,"ON  Sale".  Then ,  drop  the  pan , ... change  to  the  high  pressure  pump, and  run  the  SOF -7.  WE  picked  up  about  200 rpm  this  way.  I  finally  quit  running  it  coz  it  made  me "Nervous".  I  wanted  the  200 rpm, but , we  had  a  lot  of  money  in  those  engines , and  I  couldn't  find  anybody  else  who  was  running  it......  BY  the  way , other  than  trying  the  SOF-7  , ... I  ran  nothing  but  Amalie  racing  oil  [Brad  Penn  now]. Never  had  a  bottom  end  failure......

            Bob  Isaac

    Moonpie  Racing