<VV> stirring the pot

Ray Rodriguez III vairguy at echoes.net
Sun Mar 20 02:23:27 EDT 2011

Alright I'm probably about to stir up some trouble but here goes:

I'm mostly conservative but these two issues bother me.  I do not understand how people being openly gay or gay marriage hurts anyone or our society.  It also seems obvious to me that though abortion is a horrible thing it is not as horrible as an unwanted, neglected, abused, starving, or abandoned child and is therefore the lesser of two evils.

The only basis I can see for being so strongly opposed to these two issues is religion, and I don't think that cuts it.  If you are going to say gay relationships or marriage are illegal because the Bible forbids them then wouldn't you also have to make a Christian marrying someone who doesn't believe in the teachings of Christ illegal and so forth?  The Bible is pretty harsh when it comes to condemning non-believers.

Please explain to me how I'm wrong in simple logical terms.

Ray R.