<VV> Turbo Questions

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 12:14:06 EDT 2011

I have some questions for those of you with knowledge/experience with
Corvair turbo applications.  I am in the planning stages of adding a turbo
to my 140/4 LM coupe.  I am sorting through the efficiency charts and was
wondering:
What intake manifold temperatures are typical under full boost?
What is the typical peak boost pressure?
What is considered a realistic HP level with a ³stock² motor? (200hp?)

I am currently looking at a Garrett GT2860R with a 55 trim compressor
housing and 62 trim turbine housing.
I am sure some of these questions will only lead to more questions.  Thanks
in advance for any and all info.

Dave

Approx.  350-450  F  on a warm day...  iirc   7 psi / 15 "hg  for a stocker.

a rebuilt 180  on a 100f day at sea level only showed 99hp  SAE NET [ rear wheel]

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/