<VV> Head Problems

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 18:32:09 EDT 2011

Again, my heartfelt thanks for everybody's encouraging responses. Makes me glad
I joined this forum and overcame my reticence about telling you-all how stupid I
feel sometimes. At first I expected someone to make a comment like, "You dumb
s**t. Don't you know nothin'."

I've had the car up on jack stands for months, since I brought it back from the
body shop and got ready to re-install the drivetrain. I even thought about
lowering the back of the engine on my floor jack, but was afraid what the
pressure might do to the front brackets. It appears from what you're telling me,
that should not be a problem.

As for the rings, that makes sense. I was looking around the shop for something
I could use but never thought about a hose clamp. The standard tools, like 3 or
4 inches wide, would never allow me to put the jug back on behind them, so I was
wondering what else would work. Thanx again. I'll try it tomorrow morning.

One last stupid question: Has anyone else ever felt like just sitting down on
the shop floor and crying?

Anybody have contact info for one of the guys mentioned who could fix the head?
I think I'd actually rather go that route. Ya' know, "Better the devil you know
than the devil you don't know."

More hopeful Byron Comp
'64 Vert
Gainesville, FL