<VV> Head Problems

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 21:49:45 EDT 2011

In a message dated 3/21/2011 6:32:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
byron.comp at yahoo.com writes:

One last  stupid question: Has anyone else ever felt like just sitting down
on
the  shop floor and crying?

Well there was the time when I was torqueing down a newly rebuilt right
head and one of the upper studs broke.  Had to use special tools to  get it
out of the block, then had to install the new, oversize stud, which  galled
and seized up as I was installing it because I was dumb enough to leave  it in
the sun, on hot asphalt in July before I installed it.  Had to tap  new
threads, install an insert and then install the new stud.  That weekend  job
ended up taking weeks of spare time before the car ran again.  But that  was
almost twenty years ago and the engine still runs just fine.

Hang in there.

Bob