<VV> Mastering the cylinders

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Mar 24 15:29:34 EDT 2011

In a message dated 3/24/2011 11:16:07 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
rbuckridge at comcast.net writes:

I like  that idea, a quad master cylinder, but only if it were totally
adjustable so a  driver could alter the braking forces for each wheel.

Wow, think of  the racing impact.

Roy in Bayville

That is Enhanced Stability Control - Except not completely at the "beck and
 call" of the driver. Sort of an extension of anti-lock brakes. I can tell
you  that the factory set-up are build to save-the-bacon of a driver who has
either  made a mistake or hits a sudden hazard - on the street. They are
nothing but  intrusive on a competition car. Once in a while I have entered
the autocross  course without turning off the "help" of the system. (C6
Vette)You know in the  first or second corner. Since it was usually a practice
lap, I stopped and  turned it off (looking foolish, but not adding to my time.)
With enough  instrumentation, I suppose you might be able to add-in enough
other data inputs  to actually help. But I prefer to actually "drive" the
car. BUT - I always leave  it fully engaged while driving on the street. Ya
never know . . . . .

PS - My Corvair racecar has no such encumbrances!

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose,  CA