<VV> [FWD: 1961 Eight Door Van SCAM ~ games people play ...]

chaz at properproper.com chaz at properproper.com
Sat Mar 26 17:37:03 EDT 2011

Pretty much what I said over a year ago ~

This is a slight tangent, but in January of 2010, I found an old check
from 2004 for $875 for a dposit on something that I thought I had
forfeited, but apparently they made good anyway, unbenownst to me.

I called the bank (anonymously) and asked what I should do, and they
gave me a laundry list of procedurs to follow.

I then simply deposited the checked (over a year ago), and it has never
been questioned.

Maybe the banks were as (in)competent as anyone else ?

So, ... Let the scam play out (if you have time and like to mess with
such people)

Important : Do NOT send any money to ANYone.

Make your bank do THEIR JOB and get a WRITTEN statement that the money
cleared.

Close your accounts a another one someplace else.

Then SPEND the money and let the scammer and the bank try to get it
back.

I tried this when someone purportedly from the UK tried to by my 1967
Monza (from Corsa classified) for DOUBLE what I asked "to cover my
costs"

It never got past me saying, "Sure, send me the check" so I see if my
plan would work.

I never got the money and I still have the Vair so all is well.

Charlie