<VV> more on the BEZELS we got ideas now!

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Mar 29 07:07:23 EDT 2011

fer cripes sakes , i thought EVERYONE knew where i am planted..sorry. i am
near Syracuse NY in the middle of the weather map where the yellow dots are
 indicating lots of snow.
these bezels are very badly pitted, very deep. it would take several (as in
 expensive!) coats of copper sanded in between , to repair. they have been
looked  at by a very good plater in Syracuse yesterday , before i looked at
them. there  would not be any detail left if they were ground down smooth.
they are  "potmetal" which is no fun to work with , even if in good shape. i
have had a  lot of plating done over the years , and have seen the inner
workings of a busy  old time quality plating shop many times. plating costs and
processes have taken  major jumps ( and quality suffers sometimes also )
because of changes that had  to be made to cope with pollution issues.
anyhow , thanks to ALL who responded to my posting , and i have shared all
ideas with the new proud owner of this "project ultravan" . i will continue
on  his other big projects  (all interesting FC stuff) as he works at this
one  on his own (i hope!).  someday i will also be back at mine.
regards, Tim Colson