<VV> David E. Davis, Jr.; Was: Long Time Friend Of The Corvair Passes On

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Wed Mar 30 09:34:17 EDT 2011

At 01:14 PM 3/28/2011, Rick Norris wrote:

>Sorry to hear of his passing. I've been reading his stuff since way back
>when it was Sports Car Graphic. Car and Driver and Hot Rod are two of my
>oldest running magazine subscriptions. I got to meet him at Lexington and
>have a photo with him.

Same here, read a number of his articles and listened with
fascination when he spoke at Lexington.   Sad to hear he's gone
now.   He was one of those guys (IMHO) from the Golden Age of cars,
when the big advances in technology were just beginning to take hold
of the industry and he was right there in the middle of it all and he
had vanguard access to it.

I envied the man.

tony..