<VV> Swing Axles

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Wed Mar 30 16:52:46 EDT 2011

 The MB was a low pivot swing axle, and not really comparable to any other swing axle design.

As far as VW and Porsche swing axles, yes, there are actually lots of complaints of these at the limits. Judicious suspension tuning, Z bars, etc., got these systems to behave somewhat, but swing axles are left in the dust compared to a four joint design.

But yes, of the Corvair swing axle suspensions out there, the 64 is by far the best. LMs, of course are far better still. In many ways... <G>

John Roberts