<VV> Was Porous aluminum now "Shaft Seals"

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Sun May 1 11:14:09 EDT 2011

Tim wrote:
"I will install 2 clutch shaft seals in my diff. "snout". I also have a new retainer to hold those seals in."

Tim- you can only install two shaft seals in a a modified new repalcement snout like the one Clark's sells.
The original snount is machined with just enough space for a single seal. If you try to install two, the first one in will seat correctly and the second one will be loose in the bore. The retainer may or may not have space to be retained when you try to install two seals.
Ed