<VV> Mismatched Heads

David O'Neal dnoneal at comcast.net
Mon May 2 22:50:13 EDT 2011

A while ago the crank broke in my 65 Monza 110 PG.  After tearing down the engine I found it had the appropriate 110hp head w/ chamber type "CC" on one side but it had a 95hp "FF" chambered head ('64 or '65) on the other.  The 95 SN is 3856743 & the 110 SN is 3883863 - I do have the tech guides.

I think this is the original engine in the car, so the P.O. probably had a problem and got a junkyard replacement. BTY - The engine ran pretty well before the failure.

So, is it critical that I get another 110 head instead of using the 95?  I don't want to spend big $$ on the motor right now.

Could the mismatched heads have helped cause the broken crank?

David O'Neal