<VV> installing dipstick tube in an assembled car? (and some more carb st...

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed May 4 10:48:22 EDT 2011

In a message dated 5/3/2011 8:58:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dpleau at wavecable.com writes:

Find a  piece of steel the right size to go into the dipstick tube with  no
"slop".  Cold rolled would be best, but a bolt will work.   With the steel
in
the top of the dipstick tube, clamp on it tight with a  pair of padded vice
grips (why do we call it a pair?) and twist it back and  forth while pulling
up.  It should eventually come  out.

dp

Great solution Dennis.  I've been using wooden dowels with less than
perfect results (though usable, the tubes get chewed up).

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics
CORSA