<VV> power enrichment?

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu May 5 12:52:36 EDT 2011

Hey guys,
I don't know how deep Ray has been into diagnosing the "black plug"
situation, but I would check the choke settings AND the choke pull off, and
maybe, just maybe, swap out a "known good" coil, because all those can lead to
"black plug syndrome"...
Ray, you will want to see what size jet you have in  the current carb in
order to purchase the next size or so down. The number is  clearly stamped on
the top of the jet (as long as some ham-fisted clown didn't  bugger it
up)... I've seen 48, 49, & 50 in the ones I've torn down, and have  typically
tried to keep them all near 50 for my use (daily driving, year 'round  'cept
when the snow flies)... I've never really had a problem. If you find a 48  in
the offending carb, I doubt the jet is your culprit... if you find a 55,
well, you may be onto something.
Good luck!
Lonzo... home, "resting" and recovering from "acute respiratory
inflamation", whatever the hell that is.

In a message dated 5/5/2011 11:58:49 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,