<VV> FC-Wheels

EVERETT WILSON aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Sun May 8 01:20:29 EDT 2011

Truthe be told, the correct wheels on the FCs have a special offset and a
different profile inside the wheel (the shoulder is different and can make tire
mounting a nuisance) to prevent the end of the tie-rod from touching.   When I
first got my 64 Brier, it needed tires. I took the wheels to the shop as the van
wasnt running at the time.   Got new tires mounted and brought the wheels home
and put them on the vehicle.  Strange, I thought, when the left front wouldnt
turn.   They fit when I took them off.   Hmm.   Tried one of the other wheel and
it was fine, unfortunatly, the boot on the tie-rod end was now toast.   I took
that wheel back to the shop and had the tire taken off.  Inside, was marked - 70
olds 14 inch in yellow paint.     Someone in the NTCA crowd had some spare FC
wheels and was nice enough to give me a great deal (free, as I recall) on two,
just in case.

Do the FC wheels fit on the LM cars?  Yes, they do.   I had to do that trick
when I ran out of money and needed to drive the 67 4 door and it had sucky
tires.  I will tell you that 205/70-14 tires on a late look large.  They also
make the speedo inaccurate.  OK, MORE inaccurate than usual.

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX