<VV> Progress Report: my '69 street/track day coupe

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Sun May 8 16:13:33 EDT 2011

Got the Pennsylvania rust out of it & painted (2 tone) about 1 yr. ago,
but the Economy (no money), and my Brother's terminal illness/death had me
abandoning the project for several months. I had gotten into the Corsa dash
changeover and far along in adding front trunk condenser factory A/C.  Both
still unfinished.
The D. Clemens 4 carb'er is sitting on the garage floor awaiting $$$$ to
take it back to David to go Big Bore, and the interior & glass are pretty
much all out of the car.  All chrome has to be done too, but it's mostly  the
dash and vent window frames.  It is destined to be an unusual sports  car.

I tend to be an impulse purchaser of....whatever, -- much to the annoyance
of my Wife, and I found an original  '62 Pontiac Grand Prix  with Tri-power
in pretty good shape in 2/11.   More money  directed away from my Corvair.
Future investment potential?    Should be pretty good, but I bought it
because I want to run it through the N.  Georgia/E. Tenn hills in the middle of
the night with all windows down, where I  can hear the dual glasspacks
talking to me.

4 days after the Grand Prix arrived from Nebraska, a desirable home listing
 appeared via automatic email notification from my Realtor.    2/3 acre
just a little out in the Country from where we are now.
Then, the  N I G H T M A R E  began.   Buyer from HELL  - on my house.   He
wanted this and he wanted that.  Realtor said  buyers are few & far between
these days so let's hang in and try  to make it work.  It got WORSE.  3
months of it.

Bottom line?   We are finally supposed to close on Sale & Buy  this week.
I have laid down a rough drawing for a 5 car garage with raised  roof in the
center - for my car lift, and we will also have to add another  wide sgl.
car garage to the narrow sgl. car garage that the original builder  thought
was adequate for the home.  There will still be cars/trailers/RV  sitting
outside.  I asked Obama for a hardship increase in my Social  Security but was
denied.

Building the garage is first priority, so Corvair refurb. (and other cars)
can't really re-commence until I get car shelter.  My target is  still the
2012 Corsa convention with my Corvair GT fully broken in and  ready to
rumble.

Joe Dunlap
Lady Lake, Fl.