<VV> 66 95 AC timing

Jim Simpson simpsonj at verizon.net
Fri May 13 15:02:58 EDT 2011

Interesting.  My copy of the '66 Dealer's order and price book (dated Nov
'65) doesn't say anything about not being able to order A/C with the 95 hp
engine nor anything regarding transmissions.  The only restriction was that
A/C was not available with the 180 turbocharged engine.  (It wouldn't fit in
the engine compartment for one thing.)

Perhaps the factory issued a later bulletin that changed the option
availability, or, more likely in my opinion, Chevrolet engineering and
Chevrolet sales departments didn't communicate very well.

Jim Simpson
Group Corvair