<VV> horrible news

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Sat May 14 17:56:27 EDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: chapters-bounces at corvair.org [mailto:chapters-bounces at corvair.org] On
Behalf Of Mark Corbin
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2011 2:54 PM
To: 1969 Group
Cc: Corsa Chapters; Corvair Club Nederland; VV Talk; corvairclub
Subject: <CORSA Chapters> horrible news

All,

Just returned from the Friends of Corvair monthly event, where I learned of
a devastating fire that one of our club members has suffered this past
Monday. The news story is at the following link:

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2011/05/09/news/mj4508098.txt?viewmod
e=fullstory

I'm sure many of you may recognize Tony Vizyak's name, as he was a CORSA
board director several years ago, and was in a terrible car accident two
years ago.

While I have yet to talk to Tony, I understand that among the cars lost were
two Cadillacs, two '60's Impala SS convertibles, a couple of other club
members' Corvairs, and several of Tony's Corvairs, probably among them a
near stock low milage '66 500 coupe, and maybe his trophy-winning '69 140HP
3-speed convertible. All of them were beautiful cars. Also lost was an
extensive collection of rare and valuable automobilia.

-Mark Corbin