<VV> 63' hesitation and 65' Turbo won't start both solved!

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Sun May 15 17:23:09 EDT 2011

Just a followup.

The turbo car just had a stuck carb float, thanks Chris/Bill Strickland for
the thought!  I had whacked on it a bit yesterday but just with a
screwdriver handle... after I got your message I went out and whacked it
with a 1" wrench... primed the fuel system and the car started instantly and
ran great.  Differential is broken on this car so no test drive any time
soon =(

The 63'... well Grant Young owes me an "I told you so!"!  When I replaced
one accelerator pump a week or two ago he told me I should do both because
the other wouldn't be far behind....  he was more correct than he knew.  I
discovered the "other" accelerator pump though working when I tested it with
the engine stopped was being kindof intermittent and weak....  we discovered
this by goosing the throttle with the engine running rather than stopped....
the difference was apparent and the times that it squirted full strength
there was no hesitation.  With the engine not running the streams looked
good... couldn't tell any difference.  It now seems to run really nice!

Thanks for the help all!

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA