<VV> Fwd: <CORSA Chapters> horrible news

Harry Jensen hljensen at comcast.net
Mon May 16 14:55:43 EDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	horrible news
Date: 	Sat, 14 May 2011 17:53:45 -0400
From: 	Mark Corbin <airvair at earthlink.net>

All,

Just returned from the Friends of Corvair monthly event, where I learned of a devastating fire that one of our club members has suffered this past Monday. The news story is at the following link:

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2011/05/09/news/mj4508098.txt?viewmode=fullstory

I'm sure many of you may recognize Tony Vizyak's name, as he was a CORSA board director several years ago, and was in a terrible car accident two years ago.

While I have yet to talk to Tony, I understand that among the cars lost were two Cadillacs, two '60's Impala SS convertibles, a couple of other club members' Corvairs, and several of Tony's Corvairs, probably among them a near stock low milage '66 500 coupe, and maybe his trophy-winning '69 140HP 3-speed convertible. All of them were beautiful cars. Also lost was an extensive collection of rare and valuable automobilia.

-Mark Corbin