<VV> Fwd: New Cast Aluminum Corvair Cylinder Heads

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Tue May 17 21:44:39 EDT 2011

____________________________________
 From: ScottyGrover at aol.com
To: cordax1964 at gmail.com
Sent: 5/17/2011  5:29:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time
Subj: Re: <VV> New Cast Aluminum  Corvair Cylinder Heads

If you have access to _fastvair at yahoogroups_ (mailto:fastvair at yahoogroups)
, check out the  photo section for heads by cottysay; I designed the heads
to replace the 140  heads.  These are 2D images, unfortunately in .jpg, but I
have 3D images  in .pdf, one of which I have enclosed.  Maybe these will
help, as I had a  LOT of feedback on fastvair as I intended to put those heads
into production.  As to some of your questions--exhaust tubes would have to
be cut from SS tube;  I planned on using flat-top pistons, adjusting
cylinder head and base gaskets  for C.R. control, but the CAD program didn't give
me reliable clues to the C.C  volume; I postulated individual heads for each
cylinder with an intake  manifold tying the heads together; I had figured
on using temp. sending units  in selected sparkplug holes; he heads were
designed with the idea of using as  many 140 parts as possible--valves, rocker
arms, pushrods; they were designed  for 5-16" deep valve seats, 1.88"
diameter on the intakes, 1.6" on the  exhausts.

Scotty from Hollyweird

In a message dated 5/17/2011 11:01:11 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,