<VV> Phoenix Ignition Switch

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 20:52:18 EDT 2011

                                       B'H

Interesting question.  All Corvairs used the hex head key until 1968; the square head key came with the '69s.  My 69 is started with the key, but once the ignition is unlocked the key can be removed and the car can be turned off with anything (like a screwdriver).  My switch appears to be the factory original and has the rectangular head.

It's possible that the switch was changed in 1967 though...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza Coupe 110 PG