<VV> 1964 Cylinder fit a 1962? more info

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed May 18 23:34:13 EDT 2011

 From a conversation with Lon Wall several years ago, GM made the 1964
cylinders as replacement parts for 61 to 69 engines. As is they fit 61
to 64 engines. With the addition of a shrink band around the outer
diameter that sticks into the head, they also fit 65 to 69 engines. So,
one casting from the foundry (with all parts machined with the long
stroke cutout) fit 61 to 69 engines with only two part numbers to stock.

Frank DuVal