<VV> Carb Balancing

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Sat May 21 20:51:02 EDT 2011

On Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 18:15:54 -0400 (EDT)
Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com wrote

>Get rid of the heavy spring!!    Disconnect the pass. side downlink...
>

>see if it idles fine....  then adjust that rod accordingly.
>

>You don't mention "Balancing Airflow"...  I suggest you get someone from the local Corvair Club?  to help you...
>

>Matt Nall
>Charleston, Oregon
>http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/

Matt,

Thanks for the ideas. I'll order the std. spring and will then try the bypass. As for my "local Corvair Club", they're about two hours away, and with a non-drivable car, I can't go to them and in the three years I've been working on and talking about this project, no one from there has ever contacted me. I've never been to a regular meeting but did attend a car show they held one Sunday down in Inverness/Crystal River. I'm afraid I'm feeling rather "Lone Ranger"ish here, but thanks for the suggestion, just the same.

Byron Comp
'64 Monza Vert
Gainesville, FL