<VV> Canadian Tires

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon May 23 23:58:33 EDT 2011

In a message dated 5/23/2011 5:38:26 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ronh at owt.com writes:

The  manufacturer is BJ which I've never heard of before and it
translates to  "Jiangsu Hanta Tire Radial Plant".  I have them mounted on
SPRINT  aluminum rims and two of them took no weight at all and the other
two
required one ounce each.  I couldn't go wrong for the  price.

>From the Canada Tire Q&A:

"The first two characters of the DOT code on the tire tell you where a tire
 is manufactured. On the Motomaster AW the code is BJ which refers to the
Jiangsu  Hanta Tire Radial Plant in Huaiyin/Jiangsu, China."

and

"I just posted a review of the AW. The tire sticker is  a dead give away to
who manufactures any Motormaster tire. Of course these  stickers are not
left on the tire when they are installed, nor are they given to  you at the
time of purchase. The AW tire sticker has the same font, print style  and
colours as Hankook Tire from South Korea."

So Seth adds:
I think that all means that the tires are made in  China, at a plant owned
by Hankook. It isn't only American companies who  off-shore for lower costs.
Not too surprising. Glad that the quality - as  evidenced by the balancing
weight - seems good. Now we can see how the  tires hold up.