<VV> Electric pump control circuits

jimster1 jimster1 at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 1 02:34:27 EDT 2011

Seth, I don't think there is a combo switch that can sense both oil pressure
and impact.  The way I've done my electric pump is as follows:  The feed to
the pump comes off of the common contact of a normal spdt Bosch type relay.
When the relay is de-energized, the pump gets 12V. from the starter solenoid
connection on the ignition switch.  That way, the pump'll run while the
engine is cranking.  Once the engine fires and oil pressure is up, the pump
is fed from the ignition circuit through the Vega three terminal oil
pressure switch to the normally open (now closed) contact on the relay.  You
can put the ford impact switch in the line from oil pressure switch.  In the
event of an impact, you can at least fill the float bowl and get the rest of
the car off the train tracks.
Jim